Travelers to Abensberg will find plenty to explore and enjoy. A top sight in the area is Regensburg Cathedral.
- There are 87 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Munich (MUC-Franz Josef Strauss Intl.), 33.1 mi (53.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Abensberg
A couple of favorite places to visit are Kunsthaus Abensberg and Kuchlbauer Tower. Additionally, you'll find Regensburg Cathedral in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Abensberg, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 10 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Dream Inn Hotel Regensburg is located 19.1 mi (30.8 km) from the heart of Abensberg. This 2-star hotel in Tegernheim features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and room size.
- ACHAT Plaza Herzog am Dom Regensburg is 17 mi (27.3 km) from the center of Abensberg. With a stay at this hotel in Old Town, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Star Inn Hotel Regensburg Zentrum, by Comfort is 16.8 mi (27 km) from central Abensberg. This 3-star hotel in Regensburg features free WiFi, a bar, and a snack bar/deli. Our customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Getting Around Abensberg
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Abensberg Station. Abensberg might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Abensberg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- About 0.87 inches of rain falls on Abensberg each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F