Travelers to Agathonisi will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 60 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Samos (SMI-Samos Intl.), 16.3 mi (26.3 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Leros Island (LRS), 21 mi (33.9 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Agathonisi
Places to visit in the larger region include Didim Aquapark, Papa Beach, and Heraion of Samos. You'll also find Folklore Museum of Samos and Castle of Lycurgus in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Agathonisi, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 60 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Doryssa Seaside Resort is 16.1 mi (25.9 km) from central Agathonisi. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Samos can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Fito Aqua Bleu Resort is 16.2 mi (26 km) from the center of Agathonisi. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Samos can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Poseidon Studios is located 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from the heart of Agathonisi. Guests who stay at this 2-star aparthotel in Lipsoi can enjoy access to free parking and a library, along with an in-room kitchenette.
Dressing for Agathonisi
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 43°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 64°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- About 0.87 inches of rain falls on Agathonisi each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 45°F