Find Hotels in Auckland
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 3, 2021
Where to stay in Auckland
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Auckland, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its museums, local tours, and cafés. Top sights in the city include Queen Street Shopping District, Sky Tower, and Auckland Town Hall.
- There are 1421 hotels and other accommodations in Auckland
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Auckland
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Auckland War Memorial Museum, The Civic, and Aotea Centre. Families come for attractions such as Auckland Zoo, Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, and Rainbow's End. The city is notable for landmarks like Sky Tower, Harbour Bridge, and Aotea Square.
In Auckland, there are 1421 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Clevedon Ridge Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Regis Park B&B - Our customers like the quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and laundry facilities.
- Springcurl Lodge - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Auckland include Queen Street Shopping District, Auckland Town Hall, and Auckland Ferry Terminal.
Getting Around Auckland
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Auckland is easy. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Auckland Britomart Station, Auckland Grafton Station, or Auckland Mt Eden Station. You can learn about your options for water transportation at the port.
Dressing for Auckland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- Average annual rainfall for Auckland is 49.25 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 46°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Auckland?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Auckland, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Auckland?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Auckland?
What's the best place to stay in Auckland Central Business District?
What's a favorite place to stay in Parnell?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation in Auckland?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Auckland?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Auckland?
What's the best hotel to stay near Spark Arena?
What about the best place to stay near Western Springs Stadium?
Recent reviews of Auckland hotels
More trip options
- Auckland Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Auckland Airports
- Hotels in Auckland Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Auckland Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Auckland
- More Hotel Options in Auckland
- More Popular Hotels in Auckland Region
- Other Hotels near Auckland, Auckland Region
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends