Visiting Barr Al Jissah
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Barr Al Jissah, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its spas, shopping, and mountain views.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Barr Al Jissah
- The closest major airport is in Muscat (MCT-Seeb Intl.), 23.5 mi (37.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Barr Al Jissah
Places to visit in the larger region include Qantab Beach, Marina Bandar Al Rowdha, and National Museum of Oman. Additionally, you'll find Qasr Al Alam Royal Palace and Al Jalali Fort in the area.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Shangri-La Al Husn Resort & Spa - This 5-star resort features a private beach, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Barr Al Jissah
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 90°F and the nighttime average to be 63°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 105°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 103°F during the day and 80°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 96°F during the day and 64°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Barr Al Jissah is 3.58 inches
- Hottest months are usually June and May with an average temperature of 103°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 64°F