Visiting Black Hills
Visitors can enjoy all that Black Hills has to offer including the entertainment choices and restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. Top sights around the area include Museum of Old and New Art and Mt. Wellington.
- You'll find 279 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hobart
- The closest major airport is in Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.), 26.4 mi (42.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Black Hills
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Museum of Old and New Art and Mt. Wellington. Additionally, you'll find Salmon Ponds Heritage Hatchery and Gardens and Rosedown Gardens in the area.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Heimat Chalets - With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a library, along with a private balcony.
Dressing for Black Hills
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 39°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Average annual rainfall for Black Hills is 20.63 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 40°F