Get an overview of this hotelHistoric and luxurious downtown Boston hotel
Popular property highlights
Along Freedom Trail
Located on Freedom Trail in downtown Boston, this hotel is 3 blocks from Quincy Market, 2 from the State House and Boston Common, and adjacent to the Financial District. The hotel is 10 minutes from Logan International Airport by car and 20 minutes by train for only USD 2 each way.
Crystal and pie
With its roots in the 19th century, the Boston Omni Parker House Hotel features dark oak paneling and 19th-century art. The restaurant is the birthplace of Boston Cream Pie, Parker House rolls, and the term "scrod."
Handsomely appointed rooms at the Boston Omni Parker House Hotel blend traditional style, such as cherry-wood furnishings and marble baths, with up-to-date amenities such as wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Boston Omni Parker House Hotel
The Boston Omni Parker House Hotel, which opened in 1855, is the longest continuously operating hotel in America. It stands at the foot of historic Beacon Hill. The Massachusetts State House, with its distinctive gilded dome, is two blocks away.
The Parker House has 18 meeting rooms with mahogany furniture and hand-carved chandeliers, mantelpieces, and mirror frames. Some of these rooms are named after literary figures who spent time in the hotel, such as Louisa May Alcott, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Harriet Beecher Stowe. The rooftop ballroom affords sweeping views of Boston. Around-the-clock room service meet the needs of travelers from all time zones. The 24-hour fitness center is equipped with treadmills, stair machines, exercise bikes, and resistance machines. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the public areas of the hotel.
- Rooftop terrace
- Fitness facilities
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 18
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1855
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 0
- Number of meeting rooms - 18
- Luggage storage
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 0
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Total number of rooms - 551
- Number of floors - 15
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per night ), Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per day )
Long-term parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Pay movies
- Shower only
- Free toiletries
- Iron/ironing board
- WiFi (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- MP3 docking station
- Cable TV service
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Parker's - Appointed with oak paneling and Waterford chandeliers, Parker's serves American and Continental cuisine, including its famous Parker House Rolls and Boston Cream Pie. John F. Kennedy proposed to Jacqueline Bouvier at Table 40.
Parker's Bar - Mahogany paneling, a fireplace, and stained-glass windows provide appealing surroundings for cocktails, along with dining from the Parker's menu. The spot was popular with Boston's Saturday Club, a 19th-century literary group that included Thoreau, Emerson, and Oliver Wendell Holmes.
The Last Hurrah - This bar draws locals and Beacon Hill politicians for drinks and meals. It has a lighter, more casual feel than Parker's and is a good spot for people-watching both inside and out along School and Tremont streets.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Kayaking nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 30 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per accommodation, per stay
- Dogs and cats only
- 2 per room (up to 25 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 8 and USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 50.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per accommodation, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 15 per night
- In-room microwave fee: USD 30 per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 30 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30 per night
- Boston Omni Hotel
- Boston Omni Parker House
- Omni Parker House Boston
- Omni Boston
- Omni Boston Parker
- Omni Hotel Parker House
- Omni Parker House
- Omni Parker House Hotel
- Parker House Omni
- Parker House Omni Boston
- Omni Hotel Boston
- Boston Omni
- Boston Omni Parker House Hotel
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.