Visitors can enjoy all that Galkaduwa has to offer including its parks. There are 157 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Galkaduwa
A favorite place to visit in the city is Yala National Park. You'll also find Tissa Lake and Yatala Dagoba in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Galkaduwa, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 138 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Cinnamon Wild Yala is located 4.1 mi (6.5 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Palatupana can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and beach locale.
- Wild Coast Tented Lodge is located within 4.2 mi (6.8 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 5-star tentalow in Palatupana can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Jetwing Yala is 4.2 mi (6.7 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Palatupana can enjoy access to a winery and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
Dressing for Galkaduwa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 74°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 72°F
- Average annual rainfall for Galkaduwa is 2.48 inches
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 72°F