Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gillette, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its cafés, shopping, and sporting events. A top sight in the city is Devils Tower National Monument.
- There are 77 hotels and other accommodations in Gillette
- The closest major airport is in Gillette, WY (GCC-Campbell County), 5.3 mi (8.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gillette
Cultural venues in the city include Vore Buffalo Jump, Campbell County Convention and Visitors Bureau, and AVA Community Art Center. Notable city landmarks like Eagle Butte Coal Mine and Black Thunder Coal Mine might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Devils Tower National Monument, Keyhole State Park, and Bicentennial Park.
In Gillette, you'll be able to select from 77 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sawin Logs Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gillette - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Gillette - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Gillette
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 13°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 13°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Gillette is 16.94 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 14°F