Visitors to Guarulhos are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, parks, and zoo. Top sights around the area include Pinacoteca do Estado Museum, Sala Sao Paulo Concert Hall, and Municipal Theatre of São Paulo.
- You'll find 808 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sao Paulo
- The closest major airport is in Sao Paulo (GRU-Guarulhos - Governor Andre Franco Montoro Intl.), 3.8 mi (6.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sao Paulo (CGH-Congonhas - Sao Paulo Intl.), 14.3 mi (23.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Guarulhos
The city's natural beauty is on display at Hall Tree Corner, Bosque Maia Park, and Lago dos Patos. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Parque Shopping Maia, Poli Shopping Mall, and Internacional Shopping Guarulhos. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Getulio Vargas Square and IV Centenario Square.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Guarulhos. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in CECAP can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Hotel Villa Real - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Vila Barros can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Pullman São Paulo Guarulhos Airport - This 4.5-star hotel in Aeroporto Internacional Governador André Franco Montoro features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Pinacoteca do Estado Museum, 8.4 mi/13.6 km from the city center, and Sala Sao Paulo Concert Hall, which is 8.7 mi (14.1 km) away.
Dressing for Guarulhos
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 61°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 54°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 56°F
- Average annual rainfall for Guarulhos is 1.81 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 53°F