Visitors can enjoy all that Ibarra has to offer including the volcano viewpoints and lakeside setting. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its rich culture.
- There are 71 hotels and other accommodations in Ibarra
- The closest major airport is in Quito (UIO-Mariscal Sucre Intl.), 45.5 mi (73.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ibarra
Cultural venues in the city include Ibarra Cultural Center, Central Bank Museum - Ibarra, and Cotocachi Cultural Museum. Attractions like Otavalo Animal Market and Plaza de Ponchos are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like La Piedra Chapetona, Basilica La Dolorosa, and El Lechero.
In Ibarra, there are 71 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hosteria Cananvalle - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Hostería Cabañas del Lago - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this inn. This 3.5-star inn features a marina, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hacienda Chorlavi - This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its breakfast and WiFi.
Dressing for Ibarra
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 72°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Ibarra gets about 39.92 inches of rain per year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 44°F