Visiting Jervis Bay
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Jervis Bay, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its parks. Top sights in the city include Callala Beach, Hyams Beach, and Murrays Beach.
- There are 633 hotels and other accommodations in Jervis Bay
- The closest major airport is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional), 33.8 mi (54.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Jervis Bay
The beaches and parks highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Callala Beach, Hyams Beach, and Murrays Beach. Top activities include kayaking and wildlife viewing, while Vincentia Golf Club and Saint Georges Basin Country Club are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Booderee National Park and Nelsons Beach.
In Jervis Bay, you'll be able to select from 633 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Haven Huskisson Beach - This 3-star holiday park features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Dolphin Shores - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this motel. This 4-star motel features an outdoor pool, free parking, and a spa tub.
- Jervis Bay Holiday Park - This 3-star holiday park features a free water park, an outdoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Popular places to see outside the city include Seven Mile Beach, 16.3 mi/26.2 km from the heart of the city, and Mollymook Beach, which is 24.8 mi/40 km away.
Dressing for Jervis Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 58°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- Average annual rainfall for Jervis Bay is 34.35 inches
- Usually November and December are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 44°F