Find Killarney Hotels
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $64
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Aug 30, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Killarney, and visitors give high marks for the live music scene, entertainment choices, and local tours. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its parks. A top sight in the area is Gap of Dunloe.
- There are 95 hotels and other accommodations in Killarney
- The closest major airport is in Killarney (KIR-Kerry), 8.6 mi (13.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cahirciveen (CHE-Reeroe), 32.1 mi (51.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Killarney
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Knockreer Estate, INEC Killarney, and Muckross House. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Killarney House Gardens, St. Mary's Cathedral, and Ross Castle. The parks and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Ross Island, Innisfallen Island, and Lough Leane.
In Killarney, there are 95 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Killarney Park Hotel - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Algret House Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Salmon Leap Farm B&B - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight outside the city is Gap of Dunloe, 6.1 mi/9.9 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Killarney
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Killarney Station, Farranfore Station, or Rathmore Station. Killarney might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Killarney
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Killarney gets about 36.14 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 37°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Killarney?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Killarney, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Killarney?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Killarney?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation to Killarney?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Killarney?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Killarney?
Where is the best hotel to stay near INEC Killarney?
What about the best place to stay close to Killarney National Park?
What's the best place for a beach vacation in Killarney?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Killarney?
Recent reviews of Killarney hotels
More trip options
- Killarney Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Killarney Airports
- Hotels near Popular Killarney Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Killarney
- More Hotel Options in Killarney
- More Popular Hotels in County Kerry
- Other Hotels near Killarney, County Kerry
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends