Visiting Koh Tao
Travelers to Koh Tao give high marks for the beaches and lively bar scene. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting.
- There are 199 hotels and other accommodations in Koh Tao
- The closest major airport is in Ko Samui (USM), 40.4 mi (65 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Koh Tao
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Mae Haad Bay, Jansom Bay, and Sairee Beach. Top activities include diving and shark watching, while Mae Haad Pier is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Koh Tao Post Office and Sairee Plaza.
In Koh Tao, you'll find 199 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Monkey Flower Villas - This 3.5-star villa features 3 outdoor pools, free WiFi, and free valet parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and walkable location.
- Koh Tao Heights Pool Villas - Our customers love the beach locale and pool at this villa. Amenities in this 3-star villa include a private pool and a kitchen.
- Clear View Resort - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Koh Tao
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 93°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Koh Tao gets about 3.07 inches of rain per year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F