Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Lapu-Lapu, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and relaxing spas. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its cafés and seafood restaurants. A top sight in the area is Magellan's Cross.
- There are 117 hotels and other accommodations in Lapu-Lapu
- The closest major airport is in Cebu (CEB-Mactan - Cebu Intl.), 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lapu-Lapu
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Mactan Island. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gaisano Grand Mall Mactan and The Outlets at Pueblo Verde.
In Lapu-Lapu, you'll be able to select from 117 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Nordtropic Resort and Residences - Our customers love the WiFi and high-quality beds at this aparthotel. This 3-star aparthotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Plantation Bay Resort and Spa - This 5-star resort features 4 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a private beach. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Magellan's Cross, located 5.9 mi (9.6 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Lapu-Lapu
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 75°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 76°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.97 inches of rain falls on Lapu-Lapu each year
- May and April are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 75°F