Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Laugarvatn, which is also known for its hot springs and lakeside setting. Quaint and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. Top sights around the area include Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall, and Geysir Hot Springs. In Laugarvatn, there are 10 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Laugarvatn
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall, and Geysir Hot Springs. Additionally, you'll find Skalholt Cathedral and Secret Lagoon in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Laugarvatn. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Galleri Laugarvatn - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Laugarvatn Hostel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hostel. This 2-star hostel features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar.
- Heradsskolinn Hostel - This 2.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and quiet location.
Dressing for Laugarvatn
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 41°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 55°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 57°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 48°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Laugarvatn gets about 30.71 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 56°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F