Those traveling to Leikanger are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. A top sight in the area is Urnes Stave Church.
- There are 49 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Sogndal (SOG-Haukasen), 12.8 mi (20.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Forde (FDE-Bringeland), 35.7 mi (57.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Leikanger
A favorite place to visit in the city is Sogne Fjord. Additionally, you'll find Urnes Stave Church in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Leikanger, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Sognefjord Hotel is 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from central Leikanger. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Hermansverk can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Laegreid Hotell is 10.5 mi (16.8 km) from the center of Leikanger. This 3-star hotel in Sogndal features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Quality Hotel Sogndal is located 10.4 mi (16.7 km) from the heart of Leikanger. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Sogndal can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Leikanger
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 37°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 47°F as the daytime average and 14°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Leikanger is 1.30 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 65°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°F