Visitors can enjoy all that Balestrand has to offer including the mountain views, aquarium, and jazz scene. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Balestrand
- The closest major airport is in Sogndal (SOG-Haukasen), 24 mi (38.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Forde (FDE-Bringeland), 24.9 mi (40.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Balestrand
The picturesque setting of Sogne Fjord and Jostedalsbreen National Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add English Church of St. Olav to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Balestrand. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Kringsjå Hotell - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Dragsvik Fjordhotel - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Balestrand
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 37°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 47°F during the day and 14°F at night
- Balestrand gets about 1.30 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are December and February with an average of 15°F