Visitors can enjoy all that Malchow has to offer including its monuments. In Malchow, there are 4 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Rostock (RLG-Laage), 30.6 mi (49.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Malchow
Favorite places to visit in the city include Malchow Church, Summer Toboggan Run and Monkey Forest, and Lake Fleesensee. In the area, you'll also find Alt Schwerin Agricultural Museum and Zislow Beach.
As you plan your vacation to Malchow, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 183 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Sporthotel Malchow is located in the heart of Malchow. This 3-star hotel in Malchow features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Ringelnatz Inselhotel Malchow is located in central Malchow. With a stay at this aparthotel in Malchow, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a sauna, along with free WiFi.
- Der Insulaner - Hotel & Restaurant is 0.6 mi (1 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Malchow can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Malchow
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Malchow Station. Malchow may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Malchow
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 71°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 74°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 56°F during the day and 34°F at night
- About 0.83 inches of rain falls on Malchow each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 33°F