Bed was aweful - Felt like I was sleeping on the floor, but with the matress springs poking me in the ribs. Worst sleeps I've had in a long time. The studio apartment I was given was not in a great condition, A/C started to leak / Balcony door frames were coming of the wall and there was this weird smell in the studio flat. Staff were polite, but that's apart it, mainly focused there attention on those who they thought would tip them more, then those who they thought would not - Got better service from security staff at the gate then from front of house staff. Certain staff need to improve on there personal hygiene as well, in terms of smell. The beach apperently belong to the restaurant which isn't part of the hotel, so if you want a sunbed then you'll need to purchase a expensive meal or drink, irrelevant if your a guest of the hotel. So instead once you come into the beach take a right turn and walk for 5 minutes, you'll see a lot more nicer beachfront hotel cafes, which are worth the money, then this one. During the night you can hear security opening and closing the gate - Security is very weak compared to other Kenyan hotels I've stayed at. Would I come back and stay here agin? Never! Was it worth the money I spent at this hotel? No.
Overview of Cowrie Shell Beach Apartments
Explore the area
Choose dates to view prices
Apartment, 1 Bedroom
Apartment, 2 Bedrooms
Apartment, 3 Bedrooms
About this area
Located in Mombasa, Cowrie Shell Beach Apartments is on the beach. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Bamburi Beach and Nyali Beach. Wild Waters and Mamba Village are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with scuba diving, snorkeling, and water skiing nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with ecotours.
- Bamburi Beach - 1 min walk
- Nguuni Nature Sanctuary - 10 min drive
- Rabai Museum - 10 min drive
- Haller Park - 11 min drive
- Mtwapa Mall - 14 min drive
- Mombasa (MBA-Moi Intl.) - 20 min drive
- Suli Suli Bar Restaurant — 1 min walk
About this property
Cowrie Shell Beach Apartments
Parking and transportation
Services and conveniences
Things to do
Where to eat
Special check-in instructions
Children and extra beds
Property payment types
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Cleaning fee: KES 250 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: KES 1500 per vehicle (one way)
- Rollaway bed fee: KES 3500 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and safety measures are currently in place.
- The property is professionally cleaned, and disinfectant is used to clean the property.
- For traveler safety, contactless check-in and check-out are available.
- Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 72 hours between bookings.
We should mention
Property is also known as
Frequently asked questions
- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, amenities, property conditions & facilities