Visitors can enjoy all that Omoa has to offer including the beaches and restaurants. The tucked away and relaxing setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 52 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in San Pedro Sula (SAP-Ramon Villeda Morales Intl.), 20.6 mi (33.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Puerto Barrios (PBR), 35.6 mi (57.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Omoa
A couple of favorite places to visit are San Ignacio Ecological Park and San Fernando Fortress. You'll also find Coca Cola Beach and Puerto Cortes Central Park in the area.
This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Paraiso Rainforest and Beach Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a private beach, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
Dressing for Omoa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 67°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 96°F, while the average at night is 71°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 93°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- Omoa gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 68°F