Visiting Orient Bay
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Orient Bay, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and lively bar scene. Relaxing and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights around the area include Pinel Island, Fort St. Louis, and Marigot Market.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodations in Orient Bay
- The closest major airport is in Grand Case (SFG-L'Esperance), 1.8 mi (3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Philipsburg (SXM-Princess Juliana Intl.), 6.5 mi (10.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Orient Bay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Orient Bay Beach, Coconut Grove Beach, and Orient Bay. Additionally, in the area you'll find Pinel Island and Fort St. Louis.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Orient Bay. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Palm Court at Orient Beach - This hotel in Orient Bay features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Blue Bay Beach - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. This hotel in Orient Bay features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Esmeralda Resort - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Orient Bay can enjoy access to 15 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its dining options and beach locale.
Top places to see around the area include Marigot Market, located 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Maho Beach, which is 7.1 mi (11.4 km) away.
Dressing for Orient Bay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 74°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 80°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 75°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.46 inches of rain falls on Orient Bay each year
- September and June are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 74°F