Visitors can enjoy all that Pereira has to offer including the cafés, hot springs, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's soccer matches and zoo. A top sight in the city is Santa Rosa de Cabal Hot Springs.
- There are 186 hotels and other accommodations in Pereira
- The closest major airport is in Pereira (PEI-Matecana Intl.), 7.5 mi (12 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cartago (CRC-Santa Ana), 8.1 mi (13 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pereira
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of Art, Lucy Tejada Cultural Center, and Pereira Gold Museum. Attractions like Ukumari Zoo, Parque Metropolitano del Café Waterpark, and Boliz are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima, Cathedral of Our Lady of Poverty, and Cesar Gaviria Trujillo Viaduct.
In Pereira, there are 186 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Spa La Colina - This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Finca Hotel Villa Ilusion - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Hotel Sonesta Pereira - This 4-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. Expedia customers like its dining options and room size.
Other top sights in Pereira include Santa Rosa de Cabal Hot Springs. A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Coffee Park, located 18.9 mi (30.5 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Pereira
Head over to Transportation Terminal Station for metro transit. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Pereira
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 91°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 62°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 90°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- About 35.51 inches of rain falls on Pereira each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 60°F