History buffs will enjoy exploring Plymouth, and visitors give high marks for the entertainment choices. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its seaside.
- There are 106 hotels and other accommodations in Plymouth
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 40.5 mi (65.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Plymouth
Cultural venues in the city include Elizabethan House, Plymouth Dome, and Devonport Playhouse. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Charles Church, Smeaton's Tower, and Royal Citadel. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Hoe Park, Wembury Beach, and Stoke Beach.
In Plymouth, you'll find 106 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Poppy's Guest House - This 3-star bed & breakfast in Barbican features free breakfast, free WiFi, and parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Boringdon Hall Hotel and Spa - Our customers like the bar and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Gallery Guesthouse - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and central location.
Getting Around Plymouth
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Plymouth is a breeze. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Plymouth Station, Devonport Station, or Dockyard Station. You can explore your options for water transportation at the marina.
Dressing for Plymouth
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 39°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Plymouth is 1.30 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 40°F