Visitors can enjoy all that Pontianak has to offer including the zoo, riverfront, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and monuments.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in Pontianak
- The closest major airport is in Pontianak (PNK-Supadio), 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Pontianak
Favorite places to visit in the city include Ayani Mega Mall, Gajah Mada Shopping Complex, and Alun Alun Kapuas. Additionally, you might want to add Equator Monument to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Pontianak. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mercure Pontianak City Center - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Aston Pontianak Hotel & Convention Center - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Transera Hotel Pontianak - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Pontianak
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 72°F as the nighttime average
- Pontianak gets about 5.63 inches of rain per year
- August and June are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while October and September are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F