Visiting Puerto Penasco
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Puerto Penasco, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its live music and seafood restaurants.
- There are 849 hotels and other accommodations in Puerto Penasco
- The closest major airport is in Puerto Penasco, Sonora (PPE-Puerto Penasco Intl.), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Puerto Penasco
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Bonita Beach, Encanto Beach, and Miramar Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Old Port and El Malecon.
In Puerto Penasco, there are 849 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Inn At San Luis - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hospedaje Mulege - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Dream Weaver Inn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a rooftop terrace and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Puerto Penasco
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 84°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 107°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 108°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 97°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Puerto Penasco is 1.50 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 107°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F