Visitors to Recklinghausen are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. A top sight in the area is CentrO.
- You'll find 217 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Essen
- The closest major airport is in Dortmund (DTM), 18.3 mi (29.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Duesseldorf (DUS-Duesseldorf Intl.), 29.3 mi (47.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Recklinghausen
The city's cultural venues include Vestisches Museum and Ikonen-Museum. Additionally, you might want to add Ruhrfestspielhaus to your agenda.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Premier Parkhotel Engelsburg - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is CentrO, 16.5 mi/26.6 km from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Recklinghausen
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Recklinghausen S-Bahn, Recklinghausen Central Station, or Recklinghausen Süd Station. Recklinghausen might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Recklinghausen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 33°F at night
- Recklinghausen gets about 34.41 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 33°F