Visitors can enjoy all that Ruiru has to offer including its university setting. A top sight in the area is Moi International Sports Centre.
- You'll find 497 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Nairobi
- The closest major airport is in Nairobi (NBO-Jomo Kenyatta Intl.), 11.8 mi (19 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nairobi (WIL-Wilson), 14.1 mi (22.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ruiru
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Kenyatta University is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you'll find Moi International Sports Centre in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Ruiru. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Rainbow Ruiru Resort is 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in Ruiru can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Peak View Hotel is located 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the city center. This 2.5-star hotel in Ruiru features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- BTL is located within 2.1 mi (3.4 km) of the city center. This 3-star hotel in Ruiru features 3 outdoor pools, 2 restaurants, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Ruiru
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 58°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 81°F during the day and 58°F at night
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Ruiru each year
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 55°F