Visitors can enjoy all that Tihany has to offer including the waterfront and museums. In Tihany, there are 21 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Balaton (SOB-FlyBalaton), 36.7 mi (59.1 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Tihany
A favorite place to visit in the city is Tihany Abbey. In the area, you'll also find Szantodpuszta Tourism and Cultural Center and Pigeon Island.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Tihany. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- András Nádfedeles Vendégház is located in the heart of Tihany. This 2.5-star guesthouse in Tihany features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
- Barackvirág Apartmanház is located in central Tihany. This 3-star apartment in Tihany features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Echo Residence All Suite Hotel is 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Tihany can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
Dressing for Tihany
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 30°F as the nighttime average
- Tihany gets about 24.29 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 29°F