Visiting Udaipur District
Visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting in Udaipur District, which is also known for its gardens and temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and safari tours. Top sights in the city include City Palace and Lake Palace.
- There are 488 hotels and other accommodations in Udaipur District
- The closest major airport is in Udaipur (UDR-Dabok), 13.1 mi (21 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Udaipur District
Cultural venues in the city include Bagore-ki-Haveli Museum, Crystal Gallery, and Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like City Palace, Lake Palace, and Jag Mandir. The lakeside and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Gulab Bagh, Lake Fateh Sagar, and Panchwati Circle.
In Udaipur District, there are 488 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur - Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Mali Colony can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Leela Palace Udaipur - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Taj Lake Palace - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Udaipur District
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 99°F during the day and 55°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 108°F, while the average at night is 72°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 96°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 97°F and nighttime averages of 56°F
- Average annual rainfall for Udaipur District is 31.61 inches
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 105°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 56°F