Visiting Van Nuys
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Van Nuys, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Universal Studios Hollywood®, J. Paul Getty Museum, and Warner Brothers Studio are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2636 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Van Nuys, CA (VNY), 2 mi (3.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Burbank, CA (BUR-Bob Hope), 6.5 mi (10.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Van Nuys
Favorite places to visit in the city include Van Nuys Golf Course, Woodley Lakes Golf Course, and Iceland Ice Skating Rink. Additionally, you might want to add Anthony C. Beilenson Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Van Nuys. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sunshine LA BnB - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with in-room plasma TVs.
- Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Universal Studios Hollywood®, 7.5 mi/12.1 km from the heart of the city, and J. Paul Getty Museum, which is 8 mi/12.8 km away.
Getting Around Van Nuys
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Van Nuys Station. Van Nuys might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Van Nuys
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 43°F
- About 12.44 inches of rain falls on Van Nuys each year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 44°F