30-Minute Magnetic Island Scenic Flight
Cleaning and safety practices
- Spectacular sight of Cleveland Bay & Magnetic Island
- Soaring through the skies over Coral Sea & lush rainforests
- Aerial photo opportunities of Townsville City & Ross River
- Professional & friendly pilots enhance your experience
- Perfect panoramas of the dazzling deep aquamarine sea
Magnetic Island Flight in English
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary provided they sit on a parent's lap.
- Weights of individual passengers and accompanying carry on luggage MUST be advised at time of booking. A weight variance greater than ten percent may incur and additional fee.
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- You will receive confirmation of your exact flight departure time when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Booking Confirmations: Reservations are held only when weights are received
What you can expect
Departing over Townsville’s waterfront precinct and picturesque Cleveland Bay we then turn our focus to Magnetic Islands strikingly beautiful, but equally rugged and varied coastline.
Referred to simply as “Maggie” by the islands 2500 local residents (or “Yunbenun” by the traditional Wulgarukaba people) it’s 40km of coastline has no less than 23 beautiful beaches and secluded bays, some only accessible by foot or boat, but all clearly visible from the air!
Just 300m offshore at Cockle Bay (refer flight path map below) is the famous wreck of the “City of Adelaide” which ran aground here in 1916. One of 20 shipwrecks dotted around the island she provides a great photo opportunity at low tide with mangroves clinging to her rusting hull.
More than 2/3rds of Magnetic Islands 52km2 land mass is National Park featuring enormous granite boulders (some the size of a car), towering Hoop Pine forest and open eucalypt woodland reaching its highest point nearly 500m above sea level at the summit of Mount Cook.
The island is also situated in the pristine waters of the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and home to a myriad of aquatic life.
Many larger marine species are often best seen from the air. Inflight sightings have included Sea Turtles, Sharks, Manta Rays, Dolphins and even majestic Humpback Whales (Jul-Sep) during their annual migration from Antarctica, stopping by briefly to give birth and raise their calves in these warm tropical waters.
As we track back towards the mainland you’ll enjoy sweeping views of Townsville City, The Port of Townsville (the largest container and automotive port in Northern Australia), the Ross River, Castle Hill and the famous Strand.
With 320 sunny days a year, our popular Magnetic Island scenic flights are enjoyed all year round.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Temperature checks available
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Magnetic Island QLD
- Townsville Hotel Pickup
- Hangar 15, Gypsy Moth Court, Townsville Airport, Garbutt
- Garbutt Queensland 4814