South Coast, Waterfalls & Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon Tour with Expert Guide
4.3/54.3 out of 5
- Ancient floes & frozen formations of a serene glacial lagoon
- Giant icebergs drifting in milky teal waters of Jökulsárlón
- Magnificent waterfalls like Seljalandsfoss & Skógafoss
- Jaw-dropping scenery of Vatnajökull Glacier National Park
- Chance to spot wildlife like seals & bird species on beach
Tour without hotel pickup
Pickup is only offered from Bus stop 3 (Lækjargata), Bus stop 6 (Safnahúsið Culture House) and from Bus stop 13 (Rauðarárstígur).
Tour with hotel pickup
Pickup from hotels, cruise ports and city center bus stops is included if requested.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children 11 and younger are complimentary when accompanied by an adult. The discount for children applies to maximum 2 children per each adult.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Reykjavik hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- This is a 14 hour tour, due to the long duration it may not be suitable for young children.
- Tour stops may vary depending on weather and road conditions.
- Boat tour on the glacier lagoon is not included in the tour price
- Tour includes at least five different stops where you can walk around and explore the sites, take photos or use facilities.
What you can expect
On the South Coast and Glacier Lagoon Tour, you will spend the day experiencing firsthand the invigorating diversity of the Icelandic landscape. From views of Vatnajokull Glacier, Skogafoss, and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls to the sparkling hunks of ice found on the Diamond Beach at Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon.
On your way to the glacier lagoon, you will pass through the South Coast region of Iceland, a land of magnificent waterfalls, striking black sands, massive glaciers, and volcanoes interspersed with farms. You will have unforgettable views of the Skaftafell wilderness area in Vatnajokull National Park and drive through the starkly beautiful black sand expanse of Skeidararsandur. Just before reaching the lagoon, you will also have a view of Iceland’s largest active volcano, Oraefajokull.
Your tour will be bookended by visits to two of Iceland’s most famous waterfalls— Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss. Before reaching Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, you will stop at Skogafoss, a stunning waterfall that allows you access to great views from both below and above, by way of a staircase. On your way back from visiting the glacier lagoon, you’ll stop at one of the more unique waterfalls in Iceland, Seljalandsfoss. What makes this waterfall so special is the footpath behind the waterfall which, when the weather permits, allows for a whole new perspective.
Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
Vatnajokull glacier is massive, covering 14,000 sq km and it is Breidamerkurjokull, one of the many sections of this great glacier, that creates the magical Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon. Large chunks of ice cleave from the glacier, falling into the lagoon before flowing out into the ocean. These large sparkling pieces of ice are eventually pushed back onto the beach by the ocean waves creating an impromptu ice sculpture garden on the black sands giving the beach its name, Diamond Beach.
Must See in Iceland
The South Coast landscape and the Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon are at the top of your must-see in Iceland list for a reason. Book your tour now to see these enchanting spectacles for yourself.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Social distancing measures in place
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Hand sanitizer provided
More you might like for your dates
- 10% off
Glacier Lagoon (Jökulsárlón) Full Day Tour14h4.7/5(41)Free cancellation available
Price was $177, price is now $160 per adult