5.0/55.0 out of 5
White Wolf Sanctuary is a 501 c 3 nonprofit organization that was was founded in 1999. Our mission is to preserve and protect wolves, promote the recovery of wolf populations where appropriate and encourage conservation through education of all wildlife and the role it plays in the natural world.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Infants are required to sit on an adult’s lap
- Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
- The weather does vary. We recommend dressing for cool, possibly wet weather. Please wear long pants and close-toed shoes. Our road is not suitable for low profile vehicles such as sports cars. Pets are not allowed on the sanctuary grounds.
Come howl with us! White Wolf Sanctuary is only ten miles from HWY 101 on the Oregon Coast! Our tour experience begins at our two-mile dirt road off of Alsea Highway and the scenic Alsea River. Guests will be escorted, in their own vehicles, to the top of the mountain where White Wolf Sanctuary is located. Everyone will then convene on our large deck that is surrounded by forested wolf habitats, wild ravens and the ambiance of the natural world for a 45-minute interactive presentation about wolves and their place as apex predators. After the presentation, a guided tour of the sanctuary will give guests the opportunity to visit each wolf’s habitat and learn their story. The hike around the sanctuary is magical at times with the coastal mist moving through the trees with the sound of ravens and the song of the wolves. The wolves are in spacious enclosed habitats where they are allowed to move freely. With wild wolf populations increasing in the state of Oregon this is a tour you won't want to miss. There is a small gift shop and restroom facilities. Tours last two hours and operate rain or shine.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Gear and equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Hand sanitizer provided