Albany Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 9 affordable motels in Albany among the more than 39 lodging choices. These cheaper accommodations can help you save some cash when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
Fun fact: The term "motel" was coined in 1925 by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel in San Luis Obispo, California. Often one or two stories tall, motels usually have exterior corridors overlooking the parking lot or an outdoor pool.
Listed below are some of Expedia customers' recommended Albany motels to select from:
Days Inn by Wyndham Blakely
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast and WiFi.
Days Inn by Wyndham Americus
- A restaurant along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Motel 6 Americus, GA
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- A seasonal outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Western Motel of Camilla
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
What to Do in Albany
People visiting Albany love its shops. Enjoy all there is to see and do in this family-friendly, historical area while you're sightseeing.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Chehaw Park
- Radium Springs Gardens
- Camilla Central Plaza
Some historical places you might want to see include:
- Ray Charles Plaza
- Albany Civil Rights Institute
- Thronateeska Heritage Center
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Albany Municipal Auditorium
- Albany Museum of Art
- Providence Canyon State Outdoor Recreation Area
Albany is also known for its:
- Bird watching
Best Time to Visit Albany
Determine the optimal time to visit Albany by reviewing the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 75° F and nighttime temperatures average 36° F
- April-June: 92° F is the daytime average and 48° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 93° F and nighttime averages are around 61° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 84° F during the day and 36° F at night
- Average rainfall is 51.46 inches in a year
How to Get to Albany and Around the Area
|Albany, GA (ABY-Southwest Georgia Regional) ||Airport ||3.8 mi (6.1 km) |
|Thomasville, GA (TVI-Thomasville Regional) ||Airport ||49.5 mi (79.7 km) |