History buffs will enjoy exploring Albany, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events.
- There are 38 hotels and other accommodations in Albany
- The closest major airport is in Albany, GA (ABY-Southwest Georgia Regional), 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Thomasville, GA (TVI-Thomasville Regional), 49.5 mi (79.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Albany
Cultural venues in the city include Albany Municipal Auditorium, Albany Civil Rights Institute, and Theatre Albany. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Ray Charles Plaza, Thronateeska Heritage Center, and Ole Engine 100. The city's natural beauty is on display at Chehaw Park, Radium Springs Gardens, and Providence Canyon State Outdoor Recreation Area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Albany. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Albany At Albany Mall - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albany - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Albany
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- About 51.46 inches of rain falls on Albany each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 38°F