5-star 1960s unique mountain cottage that is just 1.2 miles from downtown Asheville. Located on Beaucatcher Mountain, this charming home sits on a narrow switchback road above the famous mountain tunnel heading into downtown Asheville.
The home is secluded on a mountain top with beautiful views, offers hiking opportunities and occasional bear sightings, yet it is still only a 5-minute drive to downtown. It really is in one of the best locations in the entire city of Asheville!
Step into the 1960s with this bright home’s original built-ins and well-preserved mid-century feel. The house features cozy furniture, balcony, grill, and an additional outdoor space immersed in the mountains. You can throw a rock 🪨 into downtown Asheville, while being a world away on Beaucatcher Mountain.
House consists of two chalets/cabins above each other and is one of a handful properties in Asheville city limits with legal short-term rental permits from the city without owner homestay requirement.
This listing is for top unit, The Zurich Swiss Chalet #9A.
Additionally, this cabin is great for longer stays / work from home, as 3rd bedroom is set up as a bright office with a big window with views.
- 3 bedrooms (2 queen beds + office with a daybed)
- Snug parking for two vehicles
- Low-cost Uber to DT AVL
Brought to you by our family, who fell in love with Asheville and wanted to share this unique and special find with you.
- Self check-in/out.
- 100% of top chalet/cabin is yours and driveway parking is reserved for you.
NOTE: There is another short-term rental chalet downstairs, which has its designated street parking. While this downstairs chalet has a completely private entrance and is not connected to the top unit in anyway, it can only be accessed via stairs at end of driveway to the left; this means other guests will pass by your car(s) and front door to access their unit. Please leave outside lights on at night for their safety.
Other things to note
- There are outdoor security cameras
- 1.2 miles from DT Asheville / low-cost Uber.
- House not childproofed, but kids of all ages are welcome. Pack N' Play with mattress/sheets and strap-on baby seat available in unit at all times.
- Located on mountain road with no pedestrian walkway so not safe to walk downhill.
- The road is narrow and switchback, so more challenging for larger vehicles.
- Recommend daylight arrivals if not used to mountain/narrow road driving.
- Driveway has snug parking for two vehicles.
- A brand new washer and dryer combo unit (2 in 1) available in chalet bathroom. (We recommend running small loads; clothes might come out damp, though they airdry quickly with fans.)
- We allow dogs only with prior approval of count, breed and size before your stay begins.
○ We limit number of dogs to two dogs per chalet.
○ We love cats but can't accommodate them due to allergy concerns.
○ We charge a pet fee of $25 per night, per dog, with a max of $150 per stay; we offer a reduced pet fee for dogs under 10 pounds.
○ Dogs must be up-to-date on flea and tick medication, as well as all required vaccinations. You must be prepared to show the up-to-date Rabies tag should the need arise.
○ Dogs must be leashed at all times outside of the chalet. We have bears in the area!
○ Don't leave your dog unattended on the balcony to avoid any sad accidents.
○ Please clean-up immediately if your dog has an accident inside. Also, please pick-up your doggy's droppings while you are walking them outside.
○ Only towels in the doggy basket may be used for your dog. If our cleaning staff report that any white towels were used for dogs, a replacement fee of $25 per used towel will be charged to your account.
○ Dogs are not allowed on the sofa without the use of the special doggy blanket. Please make sure to place our special doggy blanket/sofa cover on our furniture before you let your fur babies join you.
○ Dogs are not by any means allowed on the beds or linens. If our cleaning crew reports that dogs were on the bed, an additional cleaning fee of $50 per bed will be charged to your account.
○ We kindly ask that if your dog sheds, please vacuum the hair prior to checking out. Dog hair needs time to settle after vacuuming, and this will allow our cleaning staff to thoroughly clean after your departure in preparation for the arrival of our next guest.
○ If your dog causes any damage in the chalet, please report it to us right away so we can come to an agreement on how to handle the situation.
We appreciate your support in following the above rules so we can continue to allow future guests to join us with their loved dogs.