Families will find kid-friendly activities in Beaverton, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its zoo. Around the area, top sights include Moda Center, Oregon Zoo, and Portland Japanese Garden.
- You'll find 618 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Portland
- The closest major airport is in Portland, OR (PDX-Portland Intl.), 15.2 mi (24.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Beaverton
The city's natural beauty is on display at Cooper Mountain Nature Park, Hyland Forest Park, and Tualatin Hills Nature Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Cedar Hills Crossing is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jenkins Estate and Cooper Mountain Vineyards.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Beaverton. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Hillsboro/Beaverton - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Aloft Hillsboro-Beaverton - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Beaverton - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and convenient parking.
Popular places to see outside the city include Moda Center, 10 mi/16 km from the heart of the city, and Oregon Zoo, which is 7.1 mi (11.5 km) away.
Getting Around Beaverton
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Beaverton is simple. Nearby metro stations include Beaverton Creek Station, Millikan Way Station, and Merlo Road-SW 158th Avenue Station. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Beaverton Hall-Nimbus Station.
Dressing for Beaverton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Beaverton is 40.39 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F