Visitors to Bicester are sure to enjoy the spas, bars, and gardens. Quaint and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Bicester Village, Blenheim Palace, and Pitts Rivers Museum.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodations in Bicester
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 8 mi (13 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT), 33.7 mi (54.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bicester
The city's gardens and countryside provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Rousham House and Gardens. Golfing is a top activity, and Bicester Golf and Country Club is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Bicester Village to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Bicester. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Lion Wendlebury - This 3.5-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Heyford House Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free parking and a bar.
- The White Horse Inn - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Blenheim Palace, 9.3 mi/14.9 km from the city center, and Pitts Rivers Museum, which is 11.4 mi/18.4 km away.
Getting Around Bicester
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Bicester North Station, Bicester Village Station, or Bicester Heyford Station. Bicester might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Bicester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 71°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Bicester gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 34°F