Find Hotels in Oxford
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Aug 12, 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Oxford, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe and beautiful gardens. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its museums, cathedral, and architecture. Top sights in the city include Covered Market, Sheldonian Theatre, and Radcliffe Camera.
- There are 187 hotels and other accommodations in Oxford
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton), 38.7 mi (62.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oxford
The city is well known for its museums and theaters, and cultural venues include Ashmolean Museum, Oxford University Museum of Natural History, and Pitts Rivers Museum. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Sheldonian Theatre, Radcliffe Camera, and University Church of St Mary the Virgin. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include University of Oxford and Exeter College.
In Oxford, you'll be able to select from 187 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Gidleigh House B&B - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size and walkable location.
- The Black Boy Pub & Hotel - Our customers like the convenient parking and quiet location at this inn. This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Other top sights in Oxford include Covered Market. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Bicester Village, located 10.6 mi (17.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Oracle, which is 24 mi/38.6 km away.
Getting Around Oxford
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Oxford Station. Oxford may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Oxford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 71°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Oxford is 1.22 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 34°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Oxford?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Oxford, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Oxford?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Oxford?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation to Oxford?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Oxford?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Oxford?
What's the best place to stay with easy access to O2 Academy (Oxford)?
What about the best place to stay close to Iffley Road Track?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Oxford?
What's the best boutique hotel in Oxford?
Recent reviews of Oxford hotels
More trip options
- Oxford Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Oxford Airports
- Hotels in Oxford Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Oxford Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Oxford
- More Hotel Options in Oxford
- More Popular Hotels in England
- Other Hotels near Oxford, England
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends