Families will find kid-friendly activities in Biloxi, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, beaches, and live music scene. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters, seafood restaurants, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Biloxi Lighthouse, Biloxi Beach, and Beauvoir.
- There are 690 hotels and other accommodations in Biloxi
- The closest major airport is in Gulfport, MS (GPT-Gulfport - Biloxi Intl.), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mobile, AL (MOB-Mobile Regional), 43 mi (69.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Biloxi
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Mardi Gras Museum, Biloxi Little Theater, and Ohr-O'Keefe Museum of Art. Families come for attractions such as Gulf Islands Waterpark, Institute for Marine Mammal Studies, and Gulf Coast Gator Ranch and Airboat Swamp Tours. The city is notable for landmarks like Biloxi Lighthouse, Beauvoir, and Port of Gulfport.
In Biloxi, you'll find 690 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Guest House at Gulfport Landing - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Carroll House Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the central location at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Scarlet Pearl Casino Resort - This 4-star hotel features a casino, 5 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Biloxi include Biloxi Beach, Gulfport Beach, and Boomtown Casino Biloxi.
Getting Around Biloxi
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Gulfport Amtrak Station. Biloxi might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Biloxi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 43°F at night
- About 64.83 inches of rain falls on Biloxi each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 44°F