Families will find kid-friendly activities in Bowie, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, shopping, and theaters. Around the area, top sights include United States Capitol, Ford's Theater, and Washington Monument.
- You'll find 86 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Annapolis
- The closest major airport is in Fort Meade, MD (FME-Tipton), 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bowie
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include National Capital Radio and Television Museum, Belair Stable Museum, and Belair Mansion. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Six Flags America and Allen Pond Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Bowie. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites Bowie Town Center - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Bowie - Our customers like the proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Comfort Inn Conference Center - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include United States Capitol, 15.5 mi/24.9 km from the heart of the city, and Ford's Theater, which is 16.1 mi/25.9 km away.
Getting Around Bowie
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Bowie State Station. Bowie might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Bowie
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 25°F at night
- About 41.89 inches of rain falls on Bowie each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 26°F