Visitors to Carmarthen are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront and monuments.
- There are 76 hotels and other accommodations in Carmarthen
- The closest major airport is in Swansea (SWS), 21.9 mi (35.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 53.5 mi (86.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carmarthen
The city is notable for landmarks like Picton Monument, Carmarthen Castle, and Dylan's Boathouse. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Afon Gwili and Skanda Vale.
In Carmarthen, there are 76 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Llwyn Helyg Country House - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its breakfast and clean rooms.
- Glangwili Mansion - Our customers like the breakfast and location at this B&B. This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Bronhaul Farm Cottages - With a stay at this 4-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its quiet location and WiFi.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Swansea Beach, 24.1 mi/38.8 km from the city center.
Getting Around Carmarthen
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Carmarthen Station. Carmarthen might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Carmarthen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Carmarthen each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 37°F