Coquitlam Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Vancouver area, there are 12 low-cost motels among the more than 887 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these cheaper accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Coquitlam has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Coquitlam Centre in Coquitlam, as well as Metropolis at Metrotown and Pacific Coliseum in the area.
Fun fact: Beginning in the early 1950s, colorful neon signs were used as beacons for tired families on road trips, and today, examples of these can still be found along historic U.S. Route 66. At most motels, you're likely to find free parking and an outdoor pool.
Here are some of our customers' top motels to book in the larger area:
North Vancouver Hotel
- Located 15.4 mi (24.7 km) from the heart of Coquitlam
- Enjoy access to the computer station, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
The Deluxe Hotel Vancouver
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
- Central Coquitlam is 12 mi (19.3 km) away
Travelodge by Wyndham Vancouver Lions Gate
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Located 15.6 mi (25.1 km) from the heart of Coquitlam
Westward Inn & Suites
- Central Coquitlam is 13.5 mi (21.7 km) away
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like cable TV.
Beach Grove Motel
- 22.5 mi (36.2 km) from the heart of Coquitlam
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour room service, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Coquitlam
Check out the live music or simply enjoy the restaurants in this family-friendly area while you're sightseeing. People visiting Coquitlam love its shops.
Here are favorite places in and around Coquitlam:
- Coquitlam Centre
- Metropolis at Metrotown
- Pacific Coliseum
These are some outdoorsy places nearby:
- Stanley Park
- Holland Park
- Queen Elizabeth Park
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Vancouver Aquarium
- Burnaby Village Museum
- Playland Amusement Park
Coquitlam is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Coquitlam
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Coquitlam by looking over the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 54° F and nighttime temperatures average 35° F
- April-June: 72° F is the daytime average and 41° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 74° F and nighttime averages are around 48° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 62° F during the day and 34° F at night
- Average rainfall is 1.38 inches in a year
How to Get to Coquitlam and Around the Area
|Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.) ||Airport ||19.2 mi (30.8 km) |
|Abbotsford, BC (YXX-Abbotsford Intl.) ||Airport ||26.1 mi (42.1 km) |
|Coquitlam Central Station ||Train Station ||1.7 mi (2.7 km) |