Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 7, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 23, 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Corofin has to offer including the monuments and museums. Top sights around the area include Cliffs of Moher, Kilmacduagh, and Dunguaire Castle.
- There are 121 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Shannon (SNN), 17.4 mi (28 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Corofin
The city's cultural venues include Clare Heritage Centre Museum and Dysert O'Dea Castle and Archaeology Centre. Additionally, you might want to add O'Dea Castle to your agenda.
As you start planning your visit to Corofin, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 28 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Corofin Lake Cottages Type B, Corofin, Co.clare - 3 Bed - Sleeps 6 is 1 mi (1.6 km) from the center of Corofin. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Shannon can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport is 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from central Corofin. This 4-star hotel in Miltown Malbay features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Armada Hotel is located 16.9 mi (27.2 km) from the heart of Corofin. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Newmarket on Fergus can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Cliffs of Moher, located 15.6 mi (25.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Kilmacduagh, which is 10.8 mi/17.4 km away.
Dressing for Corofin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- Corofin gets about 36.14 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 66°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F