Find Hotels in Ennis
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Aug 7, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 30, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 13, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 15, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 23, 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Ennis, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, golf courses, and entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Skycourt Shopping Centre, Bunratty Castle and Folk Park, and Kilmacduagh.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Ennis
- The closest major airport is in Shannon (SNN), 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ennis
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Clare Museum, Craggaunowen, and Quin Abbey. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Knappogue Castle. Golfing is just one of the top activities, while Ennis Golf Club and Woodstock Golf and Country Club are sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Ennis. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Old Ground Hotel - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and room size.
- St.Patrick's B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to the airport at this country house. With a stay at this 3-star country house, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Ardilaun Guesthouse - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Top places to visit outside the city include Cliffs of Moher, 20.5 mi/32.9 km from the city center, and Skycourt Shopping Centre, which is 10.2 mi (16.4 km) away.
Getting Around Ennis
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Ennis Station. Ennis may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Ennis
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- Ennis gets about 36.14 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 66°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F