Visiting Deerfield Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Deerfield Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its festivals, cafés, and live music. Top sights around the area include Deerfield Beach Pier, Mizner Park, and Gumbo Limbo Nature Center.
- You'll find 1732 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fort Lauderdale
- The closest major airport is in Boca Raton, FL (BCT), 5.1 mi (8.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FXE-Fort Lauderdale Executive), 8.6 mi (13.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Deerfield Beach
Families come for attractions such as Deerfield Beach Pier, Xtreme Indoor Karting, and Ski Rixen USA. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Deerfield Beach Arboretum, Quiet Waters Park, and Deerfield Island Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Mizner Park and Gumbo Limbo Nature Center.
In Deerfield Beach, you'll find 73 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Royal Blues Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort - Our customers like the overall value and WiFi at this resort. With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Ashley Brooke Beach Resort - This 2.5-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Popular places to visit in the area include Fort Lauderdale Stadium, located 8.5 mi (13.6 km) from the city center, and Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, which is 12 mi/19.3 km away.
Getting Around Deerfield Beach
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Deerfield Beach Station. Deerfield Beach might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Deerfield Beach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 58°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 59°F as the nighttime average
- About 60.04 inches of rain falls on Deerfield Beach each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 60°F