Visiting El Monteon
Visitors can enjoy all that El Monteon has to offer including its golf courses. There are 506 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco (PVR-Licenciado Gustavo Diaz Ordaz Intl.), 21.7 mi (35 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in El Monteon
A favorite place to visit in the city is Campo de Ensueno Golf Course. Additionally, you'll find Tianguis Market and Bridge of Life in the area.
As you plan your vacation to El Monteon, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 67 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Riu Vallarta All Inclusive is 17.6 mi (28.4 km) from the center of El Monteon. This 3.5-star resort in Nuevo Vallarta features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 4 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa - All Inclusive is located 19.7 mi (31.6 km) from the heart of El Monteon. This 4-star resort in Punta de Mita features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a private beach. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta All inclusive is 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from central El Monteon. This 4.5-star resort in Nuevo Vallarta features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 6 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
Dressing for El Monteon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 66°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 91°F during the day and 69°F at night
- About 1.26 inches of rain falls on El Monteon each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are March and April with an average of 66°F