Visiting Fort McDowell
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Fort McDowell, and visitors give high marks for the casinos and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its golf courses and entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Taliesin West, Tournament Players Club of Scottsdale, and Camelback Mountain.
- There are 2055 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Mesa, AZ (MSC-Falcon Field Municipal), 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Scottsdale, AZ (SCF), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort McDowell
Golfing is a top activity, and We-Ko-Pa Golf Club is one place to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Taliesin West and Tournament Players Club of Scottsdale.
Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Wekopa Resort and Conference Center - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a casino, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Camelback Mountain, 19.5 mi/31.4 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Fort McDowell
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 79°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 104°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 104°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 92°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Fort McDowell is 9.88 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 103°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 43°F