Visiting Great Falls
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Great Falls, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful waterfalls, riverfront, and shopping. Scenic and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its bars, museums, and restaurants.
- There are 51 hotels and other accommodations in Great Falls
- The closest major airport is in Great Falls, MT (GTF-Great Falls Intl.), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Great Falls
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Paris Gibson Square Museum of Art, Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail Interpretive Center, and The History Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like St. Ann's Cathedral, Sacred Hearts Catholic Church, and Fort Benton Bridge. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and these places to visit: Giant Springs State Park, First Peoples Buffalo Jump State Park, and Missouri Breaks National Monument Interpretive Center.
In Great Falls, you'll find 51 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Grand Union Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hotel Arvon - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Market - Airport - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Dressing for Great Falls
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 38°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 14°F at night
- Great Falls gets about 14.41 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 15°F