Visiting Hay on Wye
Visitors to Hay on Wye are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront and monuments. A top sight in the city is Hay Castle.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Hay on Wye
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 47.5 mi (76.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hay on Wye
Favorite places to visit in the city include Hay Castle, Bookends, and Richard Booth's Bookshop. In the area, you'll also find Herefordshire Raceway and The Weir Garden.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Hay on Wye. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Kilverts - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- The Swan at Hay Hotel - Our customers like the bar and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Hay on Wye
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Hay on Wye gets about 1.26 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F